An internationally renowned engineer for humanity, Jordan designs life-changing technologies to transform the lives of people with disabilities through his role as founder of Psykinetic, a social business committed to bringing positive, sustainable and life-altering change.
Inspired by human endeavour, Jordan has big ambitions to see our world step consciously and creatively into a better future. Throughout his adventures, he explores the intersection between technology and humanity.
Amongst his many inventions, Jordan has created a mind-controlled wheelchair, virtual interactive avatars to preserve memories of loved ones, an instrument that enabled a friend with cerebral palsy to play music with her eyes and blinks, and tech solutions that make it possible to turn on appliances and drive a car using only the tiny electrical signals created from eye movements!
Jordan is the founder of Psykinetic, a technology futurist, TEDx speaker and an award-winning documentary maker and presenter. His achievements have been recognised locally with selection as a NSW Finalist for Australian of the Year 2017, and globally with his appearance in the Top 100 Global Influencers on Virtual Reality
in Onalytica’s Top 100 Influencers and Brands report in both 2016 and 2017. He has spoken at large events all around the world and recently had the honour of being Master of Ceremonies for an Evening with President Barack Obama.
Jordan is a passionate ambassador for STEAM education, adaptable mindsets and big-picture thinking, and has taught university engineering master’s students in Artificial Intelligence design and Biomedical instrumentation.
He believes our young generations are the change-makers of tomorrow and have the potential to create solutions to the world’s greatest challenges.
His documentary, Becoming Superhuman (with ABC Catalyst, The Feds and Director Wain Fimeri) won the 2017 Eureka Prize for Science Journalism, adding to the list of numerous awards it has achieved so far:
- Winner ATOM Award Best Factual Television Series Australia 2016
- Winner ROCKIE Award Best Science and Technology, BANFF *World Media Festival, Canada 2017
- Winner Gold award for NSW ACS awards Australia 2016
- Winner Best Documentary Picture This International Disability *Film Festival, Canada. 2016
- Winner Gold REMI Award 50th Annual International Independent *Film Festival, WorldFest, USA. 2016
- Finalist Department of Industry, Innovation and Science Eureka *Prize for Science Journalism
- Official Selection SUPER GEEK Film Festival Florida Supercon USA
- Official Selection SCINEMA International Science Festival, Australia
- Official Selection ASSIM VIVEMOS International Disability Film Festival, Brazil