As part of its commitment to the documentary sector and the development of great talent, The Post Lounge is looking to support a standout project with up to $30,000 worth of development investment through post-production, to be used for a sizzle, teaser or pilot.
The Post Lounge is inviting pitches from producers with projects in development including documentary features, one-off or series in the making across any genre – from ob-doc to factual entertainment, archival, or true crime.
Post-production is a big part of any project, but particularly important for documentary. The Post Lounge is keen to work with producers to enhance the audience experience through screen and sound, in particular, projects where the creative team is keen to break the mould of documentary post-production.
Please note: applications for the The Post Lounge Doc Series Pitch are made through AIDC’s Cut to the Chase program with applications closing on Sunday 28 January 2024 at 23:59 AEDT.
“AS ALWAYS, THE LAST TWELVE MONTHS HAVE SEEN US POSTING A VARIETY OF FACTUAL SHOWS AND FEATURES INCLUDING HOT POTATO: THE STORY OF THE WIGGLES, ONEFOUR: AGAINST ALL ODDS, THE CAPE, THE SWAP AND HER NAME IS NANNY NELLIE. IT’S A GENRE WE’RE PASSIONATE ABOUT WORKING IN, PARTICULARLY WHEN WE GET THE CHANCE TO COLLABORATE WITH PRODUCERS FROM AN EARLY STAGE TO HELP THEM GET STUFF TO THE SCREEN! THAT’S EXACTLY WHY WE’VE COME ON BOARD THE POST LOUNGE DOC PITCH THROUGH AIDC’S CUT TO THE CHASE AGAIN – TO CONNECT WITH EVEN MORE PROJECTS AND FILMMAKERS WHO WE CAN GO ON THE ROLLERCOASTER RIDE WITH.”
– BRONWYN KETELS
GENERAL MANAGER, THE POST LOUNGE
To be eligible to apply for The Post Lounge Doc Pitch applicants must:
- Be 18 years of age or over;
- Have at least one Australian team member to be eligible to apply;
- Submit a documentary feature, one-off or series project in development for consideration;
- If selected, be available to attend an in-person pitching session with The Post Lounge representatives during AIDC 2024, Melbourne (Sunday 3 – Wednesday 6 March, AEDT) or as part of the online marketplace (Thursday 7 – Friday 8 March, AEDT).
- Be able to complete post-production in Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne or open to discussions around post in these cities.
AIDC is currently accepting applications for The Post Lounge Doc Pitch. Projects in development across documentary feature, one-off or series project are eligible to apply.
Applications for the The Post Lounge Doc Pitch are made through AIDC’s Cut to the Chase program with applications closing on Sunday 28 January 2024 at 23:59 AEDT.