Welcome to the 12 new national and international members of AIDC's brain trust
The Australian International Documentary Conference is pleased to announce the 12 members of the newly recruited AIDC Advisory Committee, appointed as preparation begins for AIDC 2020, happening 1 – 4 March 2020 at State Library Victoria in Melbourne.
The committee comprises local and international documentary and factual professionals drawn from a wide range of fields.
Each member has been recruited specifically to assist AIDC in developing an industry-relevant and timely program addressing global trends, challenges and opportunities.
- Diane Weyermann (USA) President of Documentary Film & Television, Participant Media
- Shane Smith (Canada) Director of Programming, Hot Docs
- Victoria Noble (UK) Vice President, Original Content, Factual, Discovery
- Jason Ryle (Canada) Executive Director, imagineNATIVE
- Andrew Farrell, Head of Factual, CJZ Productions
- Elissa McKeand, Executive Producer, Unscripted Development, Foxtel
- John Godfrey, Head of Unscripted, SBS
- Sarah Thornton, Executive Producer, Network Ten
- Dean Gibson, Director, Bacon Factory Films
- Maya Newell, Director
- Matthew Bate, Director, Closer Productions
- Katy Morrison, Producer, VRTOV
AIDC Board Co-Chair Fiona Gilroy, said, “The board of the AIDC is grateful for the input that our Advisory Committee will give to the conference and are confident their contribution will help shape an industry-relevant program with a global vision.”
To learn more about the individual members, please visit the Advisory Committee page of the AIDC website.