VR PLUS: Meet Your Maker Marketplace
AIDC is proud to be teaming up with Jumpgate VR to introduce Australia’s first nonfiction VR/AR marketplace, Meet Your Maker.
This highly-competitive speed-pitching event is a marketplace like never before. Meet Your Maker is designed for nonfiction creators working in the VR/AR sector to make meaningful connections with companies and organisations from all over Australia. Decision makers will include broadcasters, funding bodies, cultural institutions, film festivals, and more.
Dedicated to bringing new forms of financing and exhibition potential to nonfiction projects in the VR/AR market, this is an event no creator can afford to miss!
How It Works
Ten projects will be selected to pitch to decision makers with the aim of forging relationships, storytelling ideas and real business outcomes that can advance projects and create opportunities.
In addition, selected projects that meet the criteria for the Greenpeace VR Commission will have the chance to pitch their project to decision makers from Greenpeace Australia Pacific during the Meet Your Maker event.
How To Enter
The deadline for submissions is Sunday 21 January at 11:59PM (AEDT).
Selected projects will be announced in early February.
• Must be a non-fiction project or have a nonfiction element.
• Must have at least one Australian creative involved
• Must be a VR/AR or MR project, and can be either interactive or 360.
• Must be in a development or production stage
If your project is selected, you will need to:
• be available to attend AIDC in Melbourne, Australia on Sunday 4 March, 2018 (at own cost)
• be the holder of an AIDC 2018 All Access Pass, or...
• purchase a VR Plus registration at $250 (incl. GST) for each person attending the pitch. This pass - available only to successful Meet Your Maker applicants - includes access to all VR Plus keynotes and sessions as well as networking drinks at the conclusion of the day.
Key Information and Dates
Application closing date: Sunday 21 January, 2018 at 11:59PM (AEDT)
Successful applicants notified: Early February 2018
The VR Plus: Meet Your Maker Marketplace will take place at ACMI, Fed Square, Melbourne on Sunday 4 March 2018.
Please email any enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Participating Companies & Decision Makers
Google News Lab
Storyscapes at Tribeca Film Festival
Adelaide Film Festival
SBS Digital Creative Labs
National Gallery of Victoria (NGV)
Melbourne International Film Festival (MIFF)
South Australian Film Corporation (SAFC)