2017 ACCESS@AIDC Program
AIDC’s early career mentorship program ACCESS@AIDC is back for 2017, proudly presented in collaboration with Singapore-based international production company Beach House Pictures.
We are now seeking applications from dedicated and hardworking new creatives keen to pursue a leg-up into the documentary, factual and unscripted screen content industry.
ACCESS@AIDC is a unique opportunity for early career filmmakers to enhance their passion for creating innovative screen content, further develop career pathways, and be mentored by established Australian and international industry professionals.
Successful applicants will attend exclusive mentorship sessions with some of the most successful people in the industry during AIDC - including:
Jennifer Peedom (Director of Sherpa)
John Battsek (Producer of One Day In September)
Donovan Chan (Creative Director, Beach House Pictures)
Kelrick Martin (Head of Indigenous, ABC TV)
Amy Hobby (VP Artist Programs, Tribeca Film Institute and Producer of What Happened, Miss Simone?)
Ezra Edelman (Director and Producer of O.J.: Made In America)
ACCESS participants also have an opportunity to win a four-week paid internship with Beach House Pictures in Singapore, including return economy airfare and accommodation.
Beach House Pictures (BHP) is an international award-winning production company with teams in the US, Australia, Taiwan and China. Recently voted into Realscreen’s Global 100 most innovative and influential production companies, BHP produces content across a wide array of genres - from travel to science, kids to reality formats and food to wildlife. An internship with BHP - one of the busiest production companies in South-East Asia - is the perfect way to pick up a breadth of experience and new knowledge.
How To Apply
Application is easy. Simply send us a one-minute video via Dropbox or secure Vimeo link convincing us to select you, and email your CV (including your address and contact details) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED
Successful candidates will be advised by COB Monday 16 January 2017.
“An absolutely eye-opening experience that gave me a clear understanding of who the key players in the industry are and what they are looking for.”
Mark Harris ACCESS Alumni 2016
“Brilliant, inspiring, life changing and completely unlike anything I could’ve dreamt of. I don’t need to preach to anyone about how hard it is for young people to get that next step up in the documentary or even television world. Australia isn’t unique in that respect right across the world it’s a hard game, but this chance to get inside and learn from the best, is beneficial beyond words.”
Kristy Lee, ACCESS Winner 2014
Early Career is defined as:
- Having worked professionally in the film industry for less than five years and as
- Having at least one screen credit that has either been broadcast and/or screened at a recognised film festival.
Applicants must be over 18 years of age
There is no submission fee, however successful applicants are required to be a registered conference delegate and will automatically be eligible for the All Access Pass at the early bird discount rate.
Terms & Conditions of Entry
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Submitted videos must be no longer than one minute. Applications submitted with longer videos will not be considered.
- Interstate ACCESS candidates who are selected to participate must pay their own way to attend and register for the 2017 conference.
- If you live interstate and you are successful, we encourage you to contact your state agency for travel support.
- The successful internship candidate will be selected by representatives of Beach House Pictures and AIDC, and their decision will be final.
- One (1) return economy airfare to Singapore will be provided to the successful candidate departing from their closest capital city within one year of winning the internship.
- By entering ACCESS@AIDC, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. AIDC reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
Key Information & Dates
Closing Date: APPLICATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED
Applications submitted to: email@example.com
Successful applicants notified: 16 January 2017
ACCESS@AIDC Program: Sunday 5 March - Wednesday 8 March 2017
Warranties & Undertakings
In submitting this application, the applicant agrees to be bound by the rules and terms and conditions as set out by the Australian International Documentary Conference.
There is a chance that a number of ideas submitted as part of this program – including the applicant’s – may contain subject matter, themes, activity, characters and other material that are similar to other projects submitted to AIDC.
The applicant acknowledges that whilst every endeavour will be taken to create a meaningful experience for the applicant at AIDC, the AIDC does not guarantee that the applicant will secure an ongoing mentorship with any of the mentors, or be successful in attracting partnerships/finance for their projects.
The applicant agrees that if the applicant wins the internship, the applicant is obliged to write a report about their experience and acknowledge the support of the AIDC in all media related to the internship.